Martin Tony Rice Strings
Martin Tony Rice Strings are the signature set of this legendary Bluegrass artist. He used to play Martin Monel strings loyally for 2 decades back in the 60's and 70's. He loved the warm mellow sound that didn't change the timbre of his Clarence White 1935 D28 guitar. Unfortunately Martin stopped making the Monels in the 70's and Rice couldn't get them anymore.
Fortunately for us, Rice worked together with the sound engineers at Martin Guitar to bring back his favorite tone. After working for a while they finally presented Rice with the product of their effort and when he tried them he said, “Welcome back, old friend.”
For us what it means is that we can now experience the new “vintage” sound available only decades ago. Monel is a nickel based alloy that allows your guitar to keep its tone while bringing out all the woody sound your instrument is capable of. The strings don't have harsh brightness, they have a very balanced sound.
Martin Tony Rice Strings Summary:
- Specially designed in collaboration with Tony Rice himself!
- Monel winding
- Ball End
- Made in Mexico
- Making Guitar Strings the 1970's
- View our full range of Martin Strings or visit Martin's Website for more details on their extensive range of strings.
13 / 16 / 26 / 34 / 44 / 56 - For other gauges see Martin Retro Monel Strings
Martin Strings and us...
Strings.ie is an authorised dealer of Martin Strings, we source our products from official distributors to bring you the quality you expect.
Why Buy From Strings.ie?
- Top rated Irish Strings Supplier since 2007
- Free Shipping in Ireland!
- Low worldwide shipping
- Fast email customer service 7-days a week!
- Consistently Super customer reviews