Martin Silk and Steel Strings
Martin Silk & Steel Strings deliver the force of steel strings with the soft tonal properties of classical strings making them perfect for fingerpicking and soft folk style playing. They are also called transitional strings because they are perfect if you are transitioning from another instrument to the acoustic guitar. The silk and steel are traditional folk strings made with tin plated steel core wire, wrapped with silk and sliver plated copper. It delivers a mellow tone with a lighter tension.
They go great with an antique guitar or a 12 fret guitar, the slotted headstock guitars or any type of vintage instrument. If you want to use them with other instruments you'll get a warm and mellow tone. These low tension strings are wound in silk between the core wire and the winding giving the Silk & Steels a softer touch, which makes them easier to play. The silk wrap also minimises brilliance for a more mellow sound.
Martin Silk and Steel Strings Summary:
- Lighter tension that go easy on the tops of vintage instruments
- Silk winding for a comfortable feel.
- Warm and mellow tone.
- Ball End
- Made in Mexico
- Making Guitar Strings since the 1970's
- View our full range of Martin Strings or visit Martin's Website for more details on their extensive range of strings.
Martin Silk and Steel Strings Gauges:
Martin M130: 11.5 / 14 / 23 / 28 / 38 / 47
Martin Silk and Steel Strings and us...
Strings.ie is an authorised dealer of Martin Strings, we source our products from official distributors to guarantee you the quality guitarists expect.
Why Buy From Strings.ie?
- Top rated Irish Strings Supplier since 2007
- Free Shipping in Ireland!
- Low worldwide shipping
- Fast email customer service 7-days a week!
- Consistently Super customer reviews